90 – 120 min
Ca. 2,5 km
The Classic Old Town Tour
Munich at it’s best
Discover our city with our guided tour of the old town of Munich! Because did you know that Munich is a relatively young city whose foundation dates back to the destructive business idea of a Bavarian duke? The Hofbräuhaus is probably the most famous beer hall in the world. But what does it have to do with the wine-drinking Bavaria and the thriftiness of a Wittelsbacher ruler? With the National Theater , Munich has one of the largest opera stages in the world, where almost every evening a different opera is performed. How do you manage that and why not build an opera house on a former cemetery ? We will answer these and many other exciting questions on our tour of the old town. Learn what made Munich the “German Rome”, why you are allowed to bring your own food to a Bavarian beer-garden and what’s behind the Maypole theft.
Our historic city walking tour will take you past sights such as Marienplatz, the Old and New Town Hall, the Alter Peter, the Viktualienmarkt, the Hofbräuhaus, the Maximilianstraße, the Opera, the Residenz, the Odeonsplatz, the Ludwigstraße, the Fünf Höfe, the Dallmayr Deli and of course Munich’s landmark, the Frauenkirche.
You’re the boss!
We are happy to tailor our services to your personal wishes:
- do you want a certain detour to be made?
- should a certain focus be set?
- do you want us to start / end the tour at your personal address?
Our historic city tour is suitable for everyone…
- Young & Old
- Private goups & business people
- Munich residents & non-Munich residents
- First-time visitors & Munich connoisseurs
The most important questions
This is your exclusive, all private tour
- You determine your desired date and start time
- You determine the duration of the tour
- You determine the number of participants (if the maximum number of participants is reached, it is necessary to book a second guide)
Our Old Town Guided Tour – The Classic has been classified according to the criteria of the nationwide label “Reisen für Alle” and is entitled to carry the label “Accessibility Tested” in the period February 2022 – January 2025
However, please feel free to contact us in advance so that we can plan for minor route changes if necessary
Basically yes, as long as your hotel is close to the route. Otherwise we recommend the described standard meeting point
In order for a guided tour to take place, a binding booking must be made. This can be done under “BOOK NOW” and is done within two minutes.
If explicitly requested, there is also the possibility of payment by invoice
* Price up to 2 hours inc. VAT | Each additional hour or part thereof 50,00 €